We help tenants and co-op partners with legal problems that affect their housing. These can include:
- Evictions, from a rental unit or co-op housing
- Repairs and maintenance problems
- Rent subsidy being cut off
Please contact the clinic for help.
We can’t help landlords. Please contact the Landlord Self-Help Centre for assistance.
Mould podcast and materials
- Training podcast for family physicians on how to support patients dealing with mould in their homes (it is free and available to anyone who is interested; physicians can get continuing education credits)
- Guide for Tenants/Patients living with mould; Includes tips on seeking support from your doctor and other local support services, as well as myth-busting facts about mould clean-up and remediation
- Guide for Physicians on supporting patients with health effects related to mould (includes sample letter template)
The Steps to Justice website offers step-by-step information about housing and other common legal problems.