Community Legal Education Ontario
CLEO is a specialized community legal clinic that produces clear language legal information for people with low incomes. Main topics include social assistance and pension, landlord and tenant law, refugee and immigration law, workers’ compensation, family law, human rights, abuse and family violence, consumer law, criminal law, education law, environmental law, health and disability, wills and estates . Their resources can be read online or in most cases ordered in print format for free. For example, to read CLEO’s booklet on eviction, visit: https://www.cleo.on.ca/en/publications/fightev
To order print copies of CLEO resources visit: https://www.cleo.on.ca/en/order-publications
Legal Aid Ontario
If you need Legal Aid’s assistance to get a lawyer, but your problem is not on the list of work done at our clinic, please try Legal Aid Ontario;
You will find instructions on the Legal Aid Ontario webpage about how to apply for legal assistance, and how to find the office nearest you.
Law Society Referral Services
The Law Society Referral Service is designed to provide callers with up to 30 minutes of consultation either by phone or in person at no charge. A Legal Information Officer will receive the call and assess the needs of the client and then provide the name of the lawyer or paralegal who best fits the client’s stated needs. The service is not designed to provide legal advice or second opinions, and any fees should be discussed with the lawyer of paralegal.
The service can be reached by calling toll free 1-855-947-5255. Please find attached the link to the Law Society Referral Service website where you can request a referral online.
- Will kit
Produced by Community Legal Clinic Simcoe, Haliburton and Kawartha Lakes.
- Power of Attorney kit
Use this link if you need to replace your birth certificate
Use this link if you need to replace your Social Insurance card
Link for tenants to the Landlord and Tenant Board website to access forms
Our In-House pamphlets:
- Housing information for Tenants in Grey and Bruce Counties
- Referral for Tenants in Grey and Bruce Counties
- Investigation Enforcement Contact Information
- Landlord and Tenant Disputes
- Bedbugs – Tenant’s Rights
- Repairs – Getting Repairs Done
- Energy How to get out of your current hydro or gas contract
- Doctor help for ODSP A guide for Doctors to complete ODSP Health Status Forms
- Social Benefits Tribunal Disability Appeals self help info
- We offer FREE dynamic information sessions on a variety of legal topics. To access our pamphlet: Public Legal Education
- Legal Information for Migrant Farm Workers
- What is a Special Diet Allowance? Information for people on OW or ODSP Benefits
The Steps to Justice website also provide answers to a variety of legal questions.