News & Events
COMMUNITY LEGAL WORKER (CLW) (1 Year full time contract- Starting August 1, 2021)
The Grey-Bruce Community Legal Clinic is seeking a full-time Community Legal Worker for a 1 year contract position commencing August 1, 2021 until July 31, 2022.
We are located in Owen Sound Ontario, and provide services in clinic law matters to low-income residents of Grey and Bruce Counties, including Saugeen First Nation and Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation.
This position would include a broad range of activities, including advocacy work on behalf of our clients, outreach and education on poverty law services and issues; and assisting the legal staff with casework.
- Excellent oral and written advocacy skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a co-operative/collective structure
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience;
- Post-secondary education in the area of social work, community development, paralegal or similar; or the equivalent in work experience;
- Knowledge of, and /or life or work experience in the realm of poverty experiences, disability issues, and stigma within marginalised communities;
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people within their unique perspectives and experiences, including those from Indigenous communities, physical and mental disabilities and /or other disadvantaged / marginalised communities;
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a diverse team;
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and working for positive social change on issues that affect low income individuals and groups
- Access to a vehicle and willingness to travel throughout Grey and Bruce Counties
Assets include knowledge of housing and social assistance law and experience in community development or outreach work.
SALARY RANGE: The salary range is between $55,000 and $65,000, based on relevant experience.
Interested candidates should apply in writing no later than July 2, 2021 by submitting resumes to:
Jennifer Carr, Office Manager
Grey-Bruce Community Legal Clinic,
945 3rd Avenue East, Suite #2,
Owen Sound, Ontario
Fax: (519)370-2110 E-mail email@example.com
Grey-Bruce Community Legal Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates with lived experience to apply. As part of our work against racism and other oppressions, we strive to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. We encourage First Nation, Metis and Inuit applicants.
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes to be held in strictest confide